Xpressbet LIVE Rules
Xpressbet LIVE Handicapping Tournament 2013 Official Rules
Xpressbet’s LIVE Handicapping Tournament (the “Tournament”) challenges registered players to post the highest cumulative earnings based on single, online, ‘live’ $20 Win wagers in each of ten (10) mandatory races ($200 wager total).
The Tournament will be held on Saturday, March 23, 2013. Online registration begins Wednesday, March 6, 2013.
How To Enter
- Players must register for the competition online by following instructions at www.xpressbet.com.
- Online Registration begins Wednesday, March 6, 2013.
- Participants must have an Xpressbet account in good standing, one (1) account per person.
- One (1) entry maximum is allowed per account holder.
- Register Early. Xpressbet, LLC (“Xpressbet”) is not responsible for incomplete registration.
How To Play
- Registered entrants place a single, online, ‘live’ $20 Win wager on one (1) horse in each of ten (10) mandatory races.
- Players must play all 10 mandatory races to qualify for prizes.
- Track and race information for mandatory races will be available at www.xpressbet.com on Friday, March 22, 2013 by 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
- Entrants must place wagers using their online Xpressbet wagering account to in order for the wagers to be eligible for the Tournament.
- Wagers must be submitted via the Contest Wagerpad (accessible by clicking the link on the regular Wagerpad) or via the Xpressbet Mobile Contest Wagerpad. Wagers submitted via the traditional Wagerpad or by phone will not count in the competition.
- Cancellation of any Tournament wagers will result in disqualification from the tournament.
- In the event a contest selection is scratched, player must wait until the scratch is processed by tote and listed on the Contest Wagerpad before submitting a wager on a different horse in that race.
- DO NOT CANCEL TOURNAMENT WAGERS. CANCELLED TOURNAMENT WAGERS WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
- Wagers on scratched horses earn zero in the competition. If you notice that your horse is scratched in a particular race, you may submit a single $20 ‘live’ Win wager on another horse in that race before the wagering for that particular race closes. Wagers must be submitted via the Xpressbet Contest Wagerpad or via the Xpressbet Mobile Contest Wagerpad.
- Please Note: The scratch of the original runner must appear on the Xpressbet Contest Wagerpad before a wager on another horse in the race will be accepted. Do Not Cancel Any Wagers.
How To Win
- The winner of the Tournament will be selected from wagers placed by eligible registrations received during the Tournament period. Winner(s) will be determined solely based upon the total winnings of the ten (10) eligible Tournament wagers and tie-breaking procedures, described below. Winner (s) will be determined by Xpressbet Management, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects.
- Odds of winning are determined by number of eligible entries received for the Tournament.
- In the event of a tie for any prize position between players the prize for the next highest position will be combined with that of the tied position and the total will be evenly divided among all tied players.
- In the event of a tie in the Xpressbet Live for a seat in Showdown the following tie-breakers will be used:
- First Tie-breaker--The player with the single highest winning mutuel payoff of all tied players will be ranked above the others. If a tie still remains, the player with the second-highest single mutuel payoff of all tied players will be ranked above the others. This process will continue until the tie is broken.
- Final Tie-Breaker--If two (2) or more players remain tied after the first tie-breaker procedure has been exhausted, the final tie-breaker will go to the player who chronologically is first to register for the Xpressbet Live tournament.
- All Decisions are final.
- Prizes may not be substituted, transferred or assigned by participants.
- Prize winners will be posted at www.xpressbet.com by 5:00 PM Eastern Time on Monday, March 25 2013.
- Prizes will be awarded as soon as winner qualification is verified.
4th: $1,000 5th – 10th: $1,000
Prizes will be in the form of wagering credits deposited to the winners Xpressbet wagering account.
1st through 30th: One complimentary entry into Xpressbet Showdown ($500 value each)
SWEEP THE CARD BONUS
Any player who selects the winner in each of 10 mandatory Xpressbet Live race will win a $10,000 Sweep the Card Bonus. Tied players will split the $10,000 prize evenly.
Things You Should Know
- Player wagering accounts will be credited with winnings for all competition wagers and debited for all losing wagers.
- Only online wagers on mandatory tracks and races which are submitted via the Contest Wagerpad and Xpressbet Mobile Contest Wagerpad are eligible for competition. Wagers placed using the traditional Non-Contest Wager Pad or Wagers placed by telephone do not qualify.
- For Tournament scoring purposes mutuel payoffs on winning selections will be capped at 20-1 ($420).
- Entries must be made in accordance with these Official Rules; any other attempted form of entry will NOT be accepted.
- Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like call-in or registration entry or wager methods will void all such entries and result in disqualification.
- Results for the competition will be posted on the Xpressbet web site www.xpressbet.com, and winners notified by 5:00 PM Eastern Time by Monday, March 25, 2013.
- Prizes will be awarded as soon as winner qualification is verified. Winners will be notified via one of the following: email, US postal mail or telephone. Prizes may not be substituted, transferred or assigned by participants.
- For names of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by March 29, 2013 to: Xpressbet, LLC, 200 Racetrack Road, Building 26, Washington, PA 15301.
- Liability for any and all federal, state and local taxes rests solely with the prize winner.
Xpressbet LIVE Handicapping Tournament ("Tournament") is offered only in the United States (where legal) and is open only to legal U.S. residents (of such jurisdictions where Tournament is lawfully offered), 21 years or older as of March 23, 2013. Employees, officers and directors (and their immediate families [parents, children, spouses and siblings] regardless of where they live and members of their same households [whether related or not]) of Xpressbet, LLC, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies; and entities engaged in the development, distribution, implementation or administration of the Tournament are not eligible to enter. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
YOU MUST HAVE AN OPEN, VALID XPRESSBET OR DRF BETS ACCOUNT IN ORDER TO REGISTER FOR THE TOURNAMENT AND TO RECEIVE WAGERING CREDIT PRIZES. PERSONS WITH ACCOUNTS THAT ARE CLOSED (UPON THEIR OWN REQUEST) OR WITH ACCOUNTS THAT HAVE BEEN LOCKED (BECAUSE ACCOUNT IS NOT IN GOOD STANDING) ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO REGISTER FOR THE TOURNAMENT OR RECEIVE WAGERING CREDIT PRIZES, UNLESS THEY RE-OPEN ACCOUNT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE.
YOU MUST HAVE SUFFICIENT FUNDS IN YOUR WAGERING ACCOUNT TO MAKE THE WAGERS REQUIRED BY THE TOURNAMENT. FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO FUND YOUR ACCOUNT, PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS POSTED ON THE XPRESSBET WEBSITE. OPERATORS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIFFICULTIES THAT MAY ARISE IN FUNDING YOUR ACCOUNT OR HAVING THESE FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR WAGERING DURING THE TOURNAMENT.
These are the official rules. This Tournament is subject to all applicable Federal and State laws and the rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with them.
To Establish an Xpressbet Account:
Once the application procedure has been completed and your Xpressbet account has been established, you may register for the Tournament by following instructions located on the home page of the Xpressbet web site located at www.xpressbet.com.
Liability for any and all federal, state and local taxes rests solely with the prize winner.
In order to be eligible to receive prizes, the prize winner is obligated, and by entering agrees, to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, General Release of Liability, Indemnity and Publicity Consent (where legal), which is to be returned to Xpressbet within the indicated time period. Non-compliance with this requirement or return of prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and prize forfeiture, with an alternate winner being selected from all remaining eligible entries received for that drawing.
By accepting a prize, the winner agrees to the use of his or her name, voice, photo, biographical information and/or likeness for promotional/advertising/trade purposes by Xpressbet, LLC and will be required to participate in such publicity communications as Xpressbet, LLC requests without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
By registering for the Tournament, each entrant (i) agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of Xpressbet and the judges, which are final and binding in all respects; and (ii) releases and holds harmless Xpressbet, LLC., its parent company, affiliates and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or participation in this Tournament.
Limitations of Liability:
Xpressbet, LLC assumes no liability for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Tournament including, without limitation, errors in the printing of the offer and official rules, selection, notification and announcement of the winners, or distribution of the prizes.
Xpressbet, LLC, its parent company, affiliates and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and agents shall assume no liability of any kind whatsoever in any cases in which their inability to act results from an event or situation beyond their control, including, but not limited to Acts of God, civil or military authority, acts of public enemy, war, riot, civil disturbance, fire, explosion, earthquake, flood, strike, third party non-performance lockout, labor disturbance, or any other cause beyond the control of a party. In such event, Xpressbet, LLC reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Tournament and award the prizes, as set forth in Modification/Suspension/Termination below. No responsibility is assumed by Xpressbet, LLC for late, lost, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible registration submissions/phone calls/wagers, postage due mail, disconnected, inaudible, interrupted phone calls, any computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion or unauthorized human intervention. Xpressbet, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Tournament or web site; to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use of the web site, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Xpressbet, LLC is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Tournament and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the web site.
If, for any reason, the online and/or telephone component of the Tournament is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Xpressbet, in its sole opinion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the online and/or telephone components of the Tournament, Xpressbet reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend the online and/or telephone components of the Tournament and select the winners for all affected drawing(s) from all eligible deposit entries received by means other than via corrupted component(s) of the Tournament, all eligible wagers entries received via corrupted components of the Tournament prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Xpressbet and/or call-in entries received for such affected drawing(s) prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Xpressbet or by some other means determined by Xpressbet in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. In such event, notice will be posted at www.xpressbet.com.
SPONSORED BY: Xpressbet, LLC., 200 Racetrack Road, Building 26, Washington, PA 15301.