Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to Common Questions About Xpressbet
Find answers to all of your questions below.
What is Xpressbet?
Xpressbet, LLC is an Advanced Deposit Wagering service that enables account holders to watch and wager on Thoroughbred, Harness and Quarter Horse races, at more than 200 US and international tracks, online, by phone or mobile device.
Is Xpressbet legal?
Xpressbet is a legal, US-based, Advanced Deposit Wagering service, licensed and regulated in many states. Money wagered through Xpressbet is commingled with track wagering pools. All wagers are safe and secure.
How much does it cost to join?
There are no fees to enjoy Xpressbet online and telephone services:
- No charge to open an account
- No charge for certain types of deposits
- No charge for certain methods of withdrawal
- No per-wager fees
- No membership fees
- No charge for audio/video services
Some premium services, such as FedEx delivery, credit card deposits and Platinum Live Teller wagers, do carry additional charges.
What are the advantages of Xpressbet?
- Easy Sign Up process gets you wagering in no time.
- No membership, monthly, or per-wager fees.
- Direct deposit of funds into your Xpressbet account with Xpressfund®, Green Dot, cash, credit/debit card, check, wire transfer or money order (restrictions may apply).
- Funds can be withdrawn online, by phone, or in person.
- Winnings are automatically credited to your account immediately following each race.
- Safe and secure wagering with full track-odds payouts.
- Legal, licensed and based in the United States.
Can I watch the races live online?
Is Xpressbet open to Pennsylvania residents?
Yes, depending on where you live.
Under Pennsylvania State law, Pennsylvania residents may only open wagering accounts with licensed racetracks located within a certain distance of their homes. Xpressbet only opens wagering accounts for eligible Pennsylvania residents on behalf of the entities that own The Meadows harness racetrack in Washington, Pennsylvania. These account opening and management functions are provided through a vendor services agreement between Xpressbet and The Meadows entities.
Xpressbet holds a vendor license issued by the Pennsylvania State Harness Racing Commission, which regulates all aspects of the services provided to The Meadows entities. All wagering instructions provided to live telephone tellers from Pennsylvania residents are handled by employees of The Meadows entities located at a call center within the racetrack enclosure of The Meadows. All wagering instructions provided to live telephone tellers from non-Pennsylvania residents are handled by Xpressbet employees from Xpressbet’s call center in Beaverton, Oregon.
To reduce confusion among Pennsylvania and non-Pennsylvania residents, Xpressbet has agreed to license the trademark "Xpressbet" to The Meadows entities.
How do I know transactions are secure?
Xpressbet, LLC has built a reputation for over ten years as a place where wagering is as safe, secure and honest as it is fun and rewarding. Xpressbet is legal, US-based and licensed in every jurisdiction we serve. We guarantee timely payouts and technological reliability. Our customers’ funds are insured by the Oregon Racing Commission, which holds deposits in a protected account independent from Xpressbet’s operating capital. In addition, we have security safeguards built into our systems to protect all transactions. Furthermore, we protect your privacy by asking only for the personal information necessary to verify your identity.
How do I know my money is secure?
As required by the terms of our license with the Oregon Racing Commission, Xpressbet has ensured that account holder funds are properly held and maintained in a custody account at an FDIC-insured bank (The PNC Financial Services Group,Inc.). These funds are not used for any purpose except to facilitate the wagering activities, and other instructions or agreements of account holders. Funds in the custody account shall remain the property of the account holders for all purposes, until wagered by the account holder or otherwise withdrawn or used in accordance with the account holder's instruction or agreement.
Opening An Account
What are the requirements to open an account?
- Individuals must be at least 18 years of age (21 years of age in Alabama, Iowa, Kansas, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Washington). State racing commission regulations require Xpressbet to ask for your Social Security Number and to verify your state of residence.
- Please review our State Restrictions list to see if wagering is available in your state.
- Pennsylvania residents located within 35 miles of Harrah's Chester Downs, Philadelphia Park, Penn National, Pocono Downs or Presque Isle are prohibited from opening Xpressbet accounts.
- Canadian residents may not open new accounts.
How do I open an account?
- By phone:
- Call us at 866.88XPRESS (866.889.7737) daily between 10:30AM and 11:00PM ET.
How long does it take to open an account?
It only takes a few minutes to open an Xpressbet account. Funds must be deposited to your account before you can begin to wager and initial deposits must be a minimum of $10.00 in all states and jurisdictions, with the exception of Massachusetts, where the initial deposit must be $25.00.
Can I wager immediately?
Once you deposit funds into your account you can begin wagering with Xpressbet. Click here for more information on deposits.
How do I place a wager?
We offer wagering online, by phone and mobile device. You can use the same account for all three.
- Online:Sign In with your User Name and Password.
- Phone: Call 866.88XPRESS, or 866.889.7737. Provide your Account Number and Password, or PIN number.
- Mobile Device: Account holders can now wager with most smartphone and tablet devices.
What types of wagers are available?
Xpressbet offers most of the wagers available at the track — including exotic wagers such as trifecta, superfecta, pick 3, pick 4, pick 5 and pick 6. Money wagered through Xpressbet is commingled with existing racetrack pools.
What type of wager information do you offer?
Xpressbet provides all you need to play the races — program information, scratches and changes, live odds and more. Additional, more extensive and detailed handicapping information, such as past performances, tip sheets, and analysis, is for sale in the Pro Shop, and can be ordered and downloaded directly from the Xpressbet site.
Do you pay full odds on all winning wagers?
Yes. Since money wagered through an Xpressbet account is commingled with existing racetrack pools, Xpressbet pays full track odds on all wagers accepted through the system.
Effective August 26th, 2012, the State of Illinois enacted a law requiring all licensed Illinois ADW providers to charge a surcharge equal to 0.18% (.0018) on winnings from wagers by Illinois residents, which must be deducted from winnings prior to payout. This will result in your payout being slightly less than the posted payouts on Xpressbet and other sites.
How do I deposit money into my account?
You can deposit money into your Xpressbet account in several ways:
Xpressbet accepts the following types of deposits:
- Xpressfund® (Electronic Funds Transfer or ACH)
- VISA and MasterCard Credit/debit cards
- Green Dot® MoneyPak®
- Check/money order
- Wire transfer
How do I withdraw money from my account?
Your account is credited immediately following a winning wager. You can withdraw these funds at any time. You can request withdrawals online, by phone or in person. Visit Funding for more information.
What tracks are available for wagering?
Xpressbet offers an extensive menu of Thoroughbred, Harness and Quarter Horse races and tracks.
Visit Xpressbet’s Available Tracks to see which tracks and states are currently available.
Visit State Restrictions to review a list of limitations by state.
Why are some tracks not available for wagering?
Xpressbet offers wagering at more than 200 US and international tracks — including Gulfstream Park, Santa Anita, New York Racing Association, Keeneland, Churchill Downs and many more. We would like to offer wagering and video for every track, but some are not available due to contractual restrictions.
Hardware & Software
What are the hardware and software requirements for using Xpressbet?
Xpressbet is designed to provide fast and efficient online wagering, as well as sharp, live streaming video. The quality and speed of your computer and your network connection can affect performance. The minimum system requirements for a computer are:
- Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- 256 MB RAM
- Internet Explorer 8 and above or Firefox 5 and above, Safari 3.1.2 or later, Chrome
- MAC OS X on Safari 3.1.2 or later or Firefox 5 and above
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Requirements for Mobile Devices:
- For Tablets: iPad iOS 3.0 or above, Android 2.2 or above.
- For iPhone: iOS version 3.0 or above.
- For Android: OS Version 2.2, 2.3.3 or above.
- BlackBerry: OS 5.0 or above.
Do I need to buy special software?
You do not need to purchase any additional software to use Xpressbet. Once you Open An Account, Sign In to begin wagering.
How do I enroll in XB Friends?
To enroll in XB Friends, Sign In and complete the XB Friends Enrollment Form. If you don’t have an Xpressbet account, Open a Free Account Today.
Is there a limit on how many Friends I can invite?
No, there is no limit to how many Friends you can invite.
What does my Friend need to do to ensure I receive my bonus?
For you to receive your XB Friends Sign Up Bonus, each of your friends must complete two requirements:
- He or she must remember to use your unique XB Friends Number when they open their free Xpressbet account. Your Friends will receive your XB Friends Number when you invite them using the XB Friends Invitation Form, but you can always give it to people yourself.
- Your Friend must deposit and wager at least $100 within the first 30 days of opening their free Xpressbet account.
How do I obtain my XB Friends Number?
When you enroll in XB Friends, you will receive an email confirmation that will include your unique XB Friends Number.
Can I invite more than one Friend at a time?
Yes. The XB Friends Invitation Form allows you to invite up to four Friends at a time. If you’re already enrolled in XB Friends, Sign In to go directly to the Invitation Form.
How will I know when my Friends open an account with Xpressbet?
You will receive an email notification when one of your Friends opens an account with Xpressbet. You will also receive an email when one of those Friends deposits and wagers more than $100 within the first 30 days of having an account.