Wager on Your Time
Xpressbet now offers members a terrific feature called Conditional Wagering. This time-saving service allows you to select the minimum odds/probable payoff you want for a wager to be processed. If the desired odds/probable payoff are met at the specified minutes-to-post time, the wager is processed. If the minimum odds/probable payoff are not met, the wager is not processed. Conditional Wagering lets you be more efficient and play the odds you prefer without having to sit by the monitor, watch the tote board, make last-minute changes or worry that your wager won’t be placed in time.
How Conditional Wagering Works
Conditional Wagering is located in the Wagerpad.
- Assemble a ‘Win’, ‘Daily Double’, ‘Exacta’ or ‘Quinella’ wager using the Wagerpad.
- Click the Conditional Wagering checkbox located on the bottom left corner of the Wagerpad to designate a conditional wager.
- Select the minimum odds/probable payoff criteria:
- For ‘Win’ wagers, select the minimum odds from the dropdown menu.
- For ‘Daily Double’, ‘Exacta’ or ‘Quinella’ wagers, enter the minimum probable payoff into the text box.
- Select the minutes-to-post from the dropdown menu to schedule the time your conditional wager will be evaluated.
- If the minimum odds/probable payoff criteria you select are satisfied at the scheduled timeframe, the wager is processed. Otherwise, the conditional wager 'fails' and no wager is placed. Please Note: A successful conditional wager is not cancelled if the odds change after the wager is processed. In this case, the wager will remain in the pari-mutuel pool.
- Click the Submit button to place your conditional wager. You can view, edit, and delete your conditional wagers in My Wagers.
- The first time you place a conditional wager, you will be asked to accept the Conditional Wagering Terms & Conditions.
- Conditional wagers are only available for ‘Win’, ‘Daily Double’, ‘Exacta’ and ‘Quinella’ wagers.
- Conditional 'Win' wagers are restricted to wagers involving a single wagering interest. This means you can only wager on one horse. Conditional 'Exacta', 'Quinella' or 'Daily Double' wagers are restricted to a single ('straight') combination consisting of exactly two wagering interests. This means that you can only wager on one horse in each position.
Things You Should Know
- Players’ accounts are not debited until the conditional wager has been successfully processed. In the event your account balance does not have the funds needed when processed, the wager will fail. The wager will be rejected due to insufficient funds.
- If your account balance does not have sufficient funds to satisfy multiple conditional wagers made on the same race with the same scheduled timeframe (relative to minutes-to-post), the wagers will be processed in the order that (i) the condition is satisfied and (ii) the wagers were created.
- Conditional wagers are available online only at Xpressbet.com. Telephone wagers are not accepted for Conditional Wagering.
- Payoffs for conditional wagers are the same as those for non-conditional wagers. Conditional Wagering does not guarantee a minimum odds or probable payoff.
- Conditional wagers processed may not ultimately satisfy the minimum odds/minimum probable payoff since final odds and payoff information cannot be determined until all wagers have been placed into the pari-mutuel pool.
- Conditional wagers may not always be successfully processed. For a variety of reasons, your conditional wager may take longer to execute (or may have less available time to execute) than what is normally expected. Xpressbet provides the service on a commercially reasonable basis and does not guarantee that your conditional wager will always be able to be executed.
- In the event of a temporary tote outage or some other technical or mechanical issue affecting the processing of conditional wagers, the odds or probable payoffs may not be able to be evaluated at the designated time. In this event, the conditional wager may be evaluated when updated tote information is available, or it may be evaluated with the most recent odds/probable payoff information available, or it may not be processed at all.